Events | 2014 Challenge Cup
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKJ Captures Challenge Cup Title at Ray Bob
Published: May 18, 2014
Texas angler Kelly Jordon took charge and put on a clinic about how to win an event in tough conditions during the Championship Round of the 2014 Challenge Cup on Ray Roberts Lake. By posting seven keepers in the last 45 minutes of the day, Jordon was able to swipe the trophy with a total weight of 22 pounds, 11 ounces.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsEhrler vs. KVD: The Race for Bassin' Supremacy
Published: May 16, 2014
In each athletic endeavor, there is often a rivalry that transcends the sport. So, are there rivalries in pro bass fishing? In MLF, the answer is yes, Kevin VanDam on one end of the rivalry and Brent Ehrler on the other.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKlein Focused on First MLF Finale
Published: May 14, 2014
As one of the best bass fishing pros to ever pick up a graphite stick and take up the sport, don't bet against the legendary Gary Klein in the final of the 2014 Challenge Cup on Ray Roberts.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsJordon Hopes to Ride Big Bite Momentum
Published: May 10, 2014
Through two rounds of competition, Kelly Jordon's performance at the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup has been unbeatable. Big bites have been the key to success and he's looking for more of the same in the final.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsReese Looking for the Big Bite to Win at Ray Rob
Published: May 8, 2014
After a week of tediously grinding it out under tough fall conditions on North Texas' Ray Roberts Lake and Grapevine Lake, Jack Link's Major League Fishing pro Skeet Reese isn't hoping for more of the same in the final.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsRojas Ready to Grind It Out in Finals
Published: May 8, 2014
During Sudden Death of the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup, competitor Dean Rojas made an easy sprint to the qualifying weight on Grapevine Lake. Being back on Ray Roberts for the final, Rojas is expecting more of a grind-it-out approach.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKJ Comes Up Big on Sudden Death Day Two
Published: May 5, 2014
With help from a 7-pound, 1-ounce largemouth, Kelly Jordon was able to eclipse the 20-pound qualifying weight on Sudden Death Day Two of the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup on Grapevine Lake. The field for the Championship Round is now set. Watch the final Sunday, May 11, on CBS.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsVelvick Preps for First Sudden Death Appearance
Published: May 2, 2013
Byron Velvick almost always has a big smile on his face. But on the morning of Sudden Death Day Two of the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup, that smile beamed as big as the Lone Star State of Texas is wide.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKJ's Secret Weapon for Sudden Death
Published: May 1, 2014
Given his big bass abilities and knowledge of Texas waters, it is reasonable to expect KJ to do well on any lake that the MLF gang fishes in the DFW Metroplex area. Especially with a new ace tucked up his sleeve, a power card known as the “baby pattern.” Episode Five airs Saturday at 3 p.m. ET on Outdoor Channel.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsRojas Dominates Sudden Death Day One
Published: April 27, 2014
Arizona pro Dean Rojas had the hot hand on Sudden Death Day One of the 2014 Challenge Cup on Grapevine Lake. Armed with a crankbait, Rojas reached the qualifying weight in the second period and was the first angler to punch a ticket to the finals.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsEvers Prepares for Sudden Death Stress Test
Published: April 24, 2014
The past two years have been amazing for Edwin Evers, as he has turned in one of the best runs in modern angling history. Which might help explain the far-away look in his eyes on Sudden Death Day One as the Challenge Cup playing field moves to Grapevine Lake.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsSudden Death Pressure Cooker Set for Grapevine Lake
Published: April 24, 2014
Heading into the Sudden Death Round of the 2014 Challenge Cup, the first noticeable change is in the venue itself. Advancing MLF pros will move from Ray Roberts Lake, the timber-choked venue north of Denton, to the rocky, more barren shorelines of smaller Grapevine Lake located well south of town.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsMartens Rules Day Three at Ray Bob
Published: April 20, 2014
Alabama pro Aaron Martens posted 13 bass on the leaderboard for a total weight of 15 pounds, 12 ounces, which was enough to be crowned top qualifier on Elimination Day Three of the 2014 Challenge Cup near Denton, Texas.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsHowell Ready for Mental Grind on Ray Bob
Published: April 17, 2014
MLF pro Randy Howell comes into Elimination Day Three of the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup hoping that he can keep riding his wave of bass fishing momentum, unlock Ray Roberts’ fall secrets and win the Challenge Cup.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsBig Bite the Difference Maker for KJ
Published: April 14, 2014
While he wasn't the first man on the Elimination Day Two leaderboard of the 2014 Challenge Cup, Kelly Jordon sent shivers through the rest of the field when he posted an 8-pound, 2-ounce Ray Bob bass. KJ finished as top qualifier with a total weight of 17 pounds, 15 ounces.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKVD Concedes Ray Roberts Won't Be Like Alpena
Published: April 10, 2014
While waiting for the start of Elimination Day Two of the Jack Link’s Major League Fishing 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup at Ray Roberts Lake, KVD acknowledged that Alpena was then and Denton is now. And the two venues couldn't be more different in his mind.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsBucks, Ducks and Big Bass Have KJ Smiling
Published: April 9, 2014
Standing on the ramp at Ray Roberts Lake for the start of Elimination Day Two of the 2014 Challenge Cup, the conversation between Kelly Jordon and yours truly couldn't help but turn to deer hunting.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKriet Tops the Field of Elimination Day One
Published: April 8, 2014
Oklahoma pro Jeff Kriet managed to score nine keepers for a total weight of 15 pounds, 1 ounce, which was enough to hold off Skeet Reese for first place on Elimination Day One of the 2014 Challenge Cup near Denton, Texas.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsWind Forecast Doesn't Temper Grigsby's Enthusiasm
Published: April 5, 2014
Despite the forecast of a major cold front arriving during Elimination Day One of the Jack Link’s Major League Fishing 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup, the Floridian, Shaw Grigsby, was amped up as the competitors prepared to begin.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsKlein Prepares to Weather Day One Change
Published: April 2, 2014
On Elimination Day One of the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup in Denton, Texas, the weather on Lake Ray Roberts is expected to change as the day goes along. MLF co-founder and competitor Gary Klein is looking forward to the challenge.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsMLF Pros Migrate South for Challenge Cup
Published: March 25, 2014
Different Cup, different state, different lakes. The bottom line is that this event will be different. If the 2014 Summit Cup in Alpena, Mich., that KVD won in record-setting fashion, was a hitter's slugfest, then the 2014 Challenge Cup in Denton, Texas, will be a pitcher's duel.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsDenton's Growing Community Maintains
Best of Texas Small Town Feel
Published: March 24, 2014
When the MLF pros visit the Denton, Texas, area to compete for the 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup, they will find an area awash with great fishing opportunities and a vibrant community flush with both modern and old time appeal.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsRay Roberts Set Up to Challenge MLF Pros
Published: March 24, 2014
Ray Roberts Lake, the 25,600-acre U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reservoir just north of Denton, Texas, is a bit of an angling enigma in the Lone Star State.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsTexas Challenge Cup Filming Completed
Published: October 28, 2013
Jack Link’s Major League Fishing has completed filming in North Texas on lakes around the city of Denton. The 2014 Shell Rotella Challenge Cup is Major League Fishing’s fifth event.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsChallenge Cup Filming in North Texas
Published: October 24, 2014
Jack Link's Major League Fishing is filming in North Texas this week on lakes around the city of Denton. The Shell Rotella Challenge Cup is Major League Fishing’s fifth event.
- 2014 Challenge Cup | NewsMLF Cup Event Rules and Format
Published: February 9, 2016
Format and rules for Jack Link's Major League Fishing Cup events.